The Council employs approximately 500 staff, offering a variety of roles in different services.
Our current vacancies are listed below. Please click on the relevant link for more information and details on how to apply.
If you require an application form in a different format, please contact Test Valley Borough Council on 01264 368000.
Current job vacancies available, click the job title to view the job you are interested in:
|Job title||Area||Salary||Closing date|
|Customer Service Apprenticeship||Romsey||£6.00 per hour||18 December 2018|
|Service Desk Officer||Andover/ Winchester||£21,090 up to £25,587 per annum||2 January 2019|
Closing Date: 12 noon, 2nd January 2018
Test Valley Grade: 6
Salary: £21,090 up to £25,587 per annum
Hours per week: 37
Location: Andover and Winchester
The Service Desk Team is part of a shared IT service between Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council. The purpose of this role is to deliver as part of the team all IT first line support services to staff and members. You will deliver IT support services to meet or exceed key performance indicators and the service level agreement (SLA).
You will adhere to ITIL disciplines and have excellent organisational and time management skills requiring minimal supervision. You will be capable of escalating problems and working in a team to meet all set objectives. You will gather customer feedback and share this with other team members.
This is an ideal opportunity for a resourceful and skilled individual to join a committed team in a dynamic environment dedicated to providing high quality services and able to work under pressure.
- Logging and resolution of calls, where possible, at first point of contact using IT management systems;
- Tracking of assigned calls (with 3rd Parties, IT staff and customers) against the defined service level agreements (SLAs);
- Escalating calls from 1st line to 2nd line and above, when necessary;
- Assist the Service Desk Manager in service improvement tasks assigned each month by the management team;
- Maintaining up to date IT information on the intranet, including site alerts;
- Facilitating good communication with the user and accurately record technical information.
You will be expected to work from both Andover and Winchester and travel to these two main sites and other locations will be required.
If you would like an informal discussion about the job please contact Phil Deverill, Service Desk Manager, on 01264 368924.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV to email@example.com.