Charity banner sites
Charity banner sites
The Borough Council has two sites in Andover , one site in Romsey, and one in Valley Park which may be used for the display of banners promoting non-commercial charitable community events. The sites are located at :
- Vigo Road Recreation Ground, Andover;
- outside the Borough Council’s offices at Beech Hurst in Weyhill Road, Andover;
- Southampton Road, Romsey; and
- Knightwood Leisure Centre, Sky Wood Road, Valley Park.
PLEASE NOTE that the Romsey site comprises the one section running parallel with Southampton Road. The other two frames in a "V" shape are for the use of The Rapids only.
The Andover and Romsey sites comprise a metal frame 1 metre tall by 3 metres long to which a vinyl or similar banner can be fixed. The banner will need eyelets and should be fixed to the frame using cable ties or similar. At Valley Park, the banner should be hung beneath the wooden entrance sign.
Use of the sites is free of charge for any organisation wishing to promote a defined, community event taking place within Test Valley subject to the following conditions:
- the organisation is responsible for installing and removing the banner at their own cost and must do so in a safe manner
- the banner must promote a specific event or series of events that are open to the community to attend. Any admission fee or other monies raised at the event(s) must, after the deduction of any expenses, be used entirely for charitable purposes
- banners can be displayed for no more than two weeks at a time and must not be displayed any earlier than three weeks prior to the commencement of the event (or date of the first event in the case of a series of events)
- the banner must be removed within 48 hours of the end of the event. Failure to comply with this may result in a charge for removal being made
There is no restriction on the content of the banner, e.g. height of letters, colours, etc. but you will need to ensure that the content does not:
- promote gambling, consumption of alcohol, drugs, tobacco or cigarette products
- incite violence or other criminal acts
- promote a political party or political cause
- include any nude or semi-nude figures
- include material of an overtly political, sexual, religious or ethnic nature that might cause offence
When the sites are not booked for promotion of specific community events, they may be used to promote matters of community interest, e.g. recycling initiatives, adult education classes, etc. but they cannot be used to promote an organisation or venue.
Failure to comply with the above conditions and restrictions will result in the banner being removed and may prevent you from making use of this facility in the future.
If you wish to apply for use of the banner sites please use the online application form by clicking here or using the link below. Please note that the Borough Council cannot accept bookings for events for more than a year in advance.
Please note that the banner sites are NOT currently available on the following dates:
|25 Jan - 8 Feb 2018||25 Jan - 8 Feb 2018||25 Jan - 8 Feb 2018|
|3 - 26 March 2018||3 - 26 March 2018||12 - 26 March 2018|
|9 - 29 April 2018||2 -28 April 2018||21 April - 5 May 2018|
|7 - 20 May 2018||7- 20 May 2018|
|28 May - 17 June 2018||28 May - 17 June 2018|
|9 - 29 July 2018||9 - 29 July 2018||6 August - 2 September 2018|
|13 - 31 August 2018||13 - 31 August 2018|
|1 - 30 September 2018||1 - 30 September 2018|
|15 - 21 October 2018||15 - 21 October 2018|
|12 - 30 November 2018||12 - 30 November 2018||25 November - 2 December 2018|
|1 - 16 December 2018||1 - 16 December 2018|