People volunteer for a range of reasons. You may have a particular interest, you may want to give something to your community, you may want to meet new people and make new friends. Whatever the reason you will be welcomed and hopefully find the experience fulfilling.
A variety of volunteering opportunities exist in Test Valley:
Test Valley Community Services (TVCS) is the lead agency supporting formal volunteering in the Borough and should be the first point of contact for any person looking for a volunteering opportunity or for any organisation seeking volunteers.
Other opportunities exist to support your local community as a volunteer, such as:
- Standing for election as a parish or town councillor
- Being a school governor
- Joining a community planning group
The Borough Council also provides opportunities to become involved in a variety of ways:
- Countryside events offer various opportunities to volunteer for both conservation activities and events. Help us to record species numbers, clean up rivers or scrub management, to name but a few.
- Health Walk Leader for regular Health Walks that operate in both the Andover and Romsey areas. A free nationally accredited training course is available for volunteers who would be interested in leading local Health Walks.
- Arts & Entertainment venue The Lights Theatre in Andover offers volunteers the opportunity to get involved in a variety of ways including Ushering, Front of House, Box Office and the Cafe Bar.
- Sports activities offer opportunities throughout the year to volunteer for a range of events and activities.
For further information about any of these opportunities, please contact the Community and Leisure Service on 01264 368000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Love Where You Live campaign run by Environmental Services supports community clean ups and litter picks. If you would like to get involved please click here.