TVBC offer an Emergency Out of Hours Service (including evenings and weekends), to deal with the most serious and urgent emergencies that occur. This service is provided by officers of TVBC. To contact this service please call 01264 368000 or 01794 527700 and follow the instructions for emergencies. There are various options for you to select depending on the type of emergency you are reporting.
Emergency situations which are likely to warrant an immediate response are those where there is or may be:-
- an immediate risk to health or the environment
- a serious and prolonged nuisance problem
- a serious contravention of Environmental Health law
Stray Dogs Found Out of Office Hours
Test Valley Borough Council no longer provides an Out of Hours Stray Dog Collection Service.
Instead, a Stray Dog Reception Centre is provided in the Andover area between the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday 17:00 to 20:00
- Fridays 16:00 to 20:00
- Weekends/Bank Holidays/Public Holidays 10:00 to 16:00
The finders of stray dogs will be advised of the arrangements for receiving stray dogs. In order to arrange for a dog to be received please call 01264 368000 and follow the instructions for emergencies.
What happens if your dog is picked up as a stray?
- You will be required to pay a statutory fee of £35 plus any kennelling, vets and any other costs incurred before the dog can be reclaimed. Payments will be accepted by debit card.
- Stray dogs are held for 7 days, after this time if the owner cannot be found they are taken to one of the national rehoming centres such as the RSPCA or The Dogs Trust.
- You will also, if appropriate, be advised on the need to ensure your dog wears a collar and the benefits of having your animal microchipped.
Need any further information?
For further information or advice, please contact:
The Environmental Protection Team
Tel: 01264 368000