An Introduction to Broughton and Stockbridge Ward
Broughton and Stockbridge ward covers10,184 hectares in central Test Valley. It is the largest ward in the borough, covering 3,506 hectares more than the next largest ward, which is Bourne Valley in the north.
Broughton & Stockbridge stretches across the middle of the borough, bordering Wiltshire on its western edge and Winchester City Council to the east.
The population density of Broughton and Stockbridge is 0.44 people per hectare, lower than the borough average of 10.56. Broughton and Stockbridge is the fourth least densely populated ward in the borough.
Broughton and Stockbridge ward is represented by two Borough Councillors.
- Broughton and Stockbridge Ward Profile The ward of Broughton and Stockbridge covers 10,184 hectares in the centre of Test Valley, and includes the villages of Broughton, Bossington, Houghton, Longstock, Leckford, Nether Wallop, Chilbolton and Stockbridge
- Broughton VDS Adopted as Supplementary Planning Guidance in April 2004.
- Chilbolton VDS Adopted as Supplementary Planning Guidance in January 2003.
- Community Engagement Officer Who your Community Engagement Officer is and how they can help you.
- Local Events Search for information on local events being held in your area.
- Longstock VDS SPD Adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) in June 2010.
- News Releases for Broughton and Stockbridge Ward Test Valley Council news releases which are relevant to your local area
- Parish Plans Information and contact details on how to prepare a Parish Plan
- Stockbridge VDS Adopted as Supplementary Planning Guidance in April 2003.
- Test Valley Borough Councillors Community Grant Scheme Apply for a grant of up to £1,000 for community projects in your local area.
- The Wallops VDS Adopted as Supplementary Planning Guidance in February 2004.
- Useful Contacts This page contains links to useful contacts for communities in Broughton and Stockbridge Ward