The Private Sector Housing Team have a responsibility to ensure that private housing stock in the Borough is suitable for people who live in and is in a good state of repair. The team offer various grants and loans to owner occupiers, landlords and tenants, inspect caravan sites, check housing safety and standards in houses with multiple occupation and offer advice on home energy efficiency.
- Advice for Private Sector Tenants If you rent a property, it is a good idea to know what to expect from your landlord and the property you intend to rent.
- Caravan and Camping Sites If you allow your land to be used as a camping site by the public you may require a licence from the Council.
- Energy Efficiency The Private Sector Housing Team can provide advice and information on energy efficiency and saving in your home.
- Grants We have a number of different grants available for home owners and tenants to help towards the cost of making essential repairs or adaptations to their homes.
- Gypsies & Travellers The Housing & Environmental Health Service monitors the area for Gypsies and Travellers.
- Home Improvement Agency Providing a range of support services that seek to improve the quality of life for people and communities in the New Forest district.
- Houses in Multiple Occupation If you rent out a property for house in multiple occupancy (HMO), you may require a licence from your local authority.
- Loans We have a number of different loans available for home owners and tenants to help towards the cost of making essential repairs and adaptations to their homes.
- Private Sector Housing Renewal Strategy The improvement of privately owned or rented property, where it is in poor or unfit condition, is a key requirement for the renewal and sustainability of the built environment.