Test Valley offers a discrete and confidential pest control service in respect of a large number of pests. Information on the types of pests we deal with is available below and additional information can also be downloaded within the individual sections. The information includes:
- how to identify whether you have a problem,
- any possible health risks, and
- where you can, how to prevent possible infestations
Please note this information does not include any advice on pesticides.
- Ants There are a variety of ants found in the UK.
- Bed Bugs Bed Bugs are small wingless insects that feed solely on the blood of warm blooded animals.
- Bees There are many species of bees in the UK.
- Carpet Beetles The carpet beetle is a major textile pest of the home.
- Cockroaches Cockroaches are large insects which range in size from 10-23mm in length.
- Fleas The most common pest fleas in the UK are cat and dog fleas.
- Flies Every year the Council receives complaints regarding fly infestations, particularly during the summer and autumn months.
- Mice There are two types of mice in Britain which can become pests - the house mouse and the field mouse.
- Moths There are three commonly found types of moth that can do a great deal of damage to clothes, carpets and soft furnishings.
- Rats The Brown Rat is the most common species throughout the UK.
- Wasps There are several species of social wasp in Great Britain.