Travel Planning and Advice
A travel plan is a long term management strategy for a site, group of sites or organisation which contains a package of measures to:
- reduce the need to travel (especially as a single occupant in a car)
- promote more environmentally friendly modes of transport by offering a range of travel choices
- include other measures such as tackling car parking management and site access problems.
How can travel plans help?
The associated benefits of a travel plan are that they can help:
- reduce travel costs and expenses
- improve site access and reduce car parking problems
- improve company's image
- improving staff well-being, health and fitness as well as the environment
- build better relationships with the local community, public transport operators and the local authority.
How can Test Valley Borough Council help?
The Council has developed a guide on How to Prepare a Green Travel Plan for Business and Organisations, which can be found in the attachments section below.
We also help with the development of more bespoke travel plans for small businesses as well as residential travel plans.