Energy Bills Rebate
Please note that the Energy Bills Rebate scheme has now ended
The Energy Bill Rebate is available to all households in Council Tax bands A to D (or are in Band E and qualify for the disabled band reduction) and consists of a one-off payment of £150 to eligible households.
If you are unsure of your council tax band, this can be found on your latest council tax bill or by visiting: Check your Council Tax Band
You must be liable for the Council Tax bill at the property to be eligible for the rebate. You will be eligible if you receive 100% Council Tax Support or are exempt because your property is occupied only:
- By students or school/college leavers,
- By person(s) aged under 18 years,
- By severely mentally impaired persons
- In the case of annexes, by dependant relatives.
Empty homes or second homes are not eligible for the rebate.
Only one £150 payment will be made per household, regardless of the number of occupants or liable council taxpayers and is to support all members of the household.
The Council has chosen to target its most vulnerable households and will make a Discretionary Fund payment to a liable council tax payer (or an occupant where the property is exempt) where they occupy a property which meets one the following criteria on 1 April 2022:
- £70 top up payment to Council Tax Support claimants in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment in bands A to D;
- £220 one-off payment for Council Tax Support claimants in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment in bands E to H;
- £70 top up payment for residents not in receipt of Council Tax Support with a Council Tax Disabled Band Reduction or Severely Mentally Impaired exemption in bands A to D.
- £220 one-off payment for residents not in receipt of Council Tax Support with a Council Tax Disabled Band Reduction or Severely Mentally Impaired exemption in bands E to H;
More information about the Discretionary Scheme is detailed in the Council’s policy: Test Valley Energy Bills Rebate Policy
The Council has started making payments to residents who are eligible and pay their Council Tax by Direct Debit. It will take us a few weeks to make all these payments so please bear with us.
In some cases, we may require you to submit your bank details to us so we can issue your payment. If so, we will write to you. Your letter will contain a unique access key, so please keep this letter safe. The letter will direct you to our online form where you can submit your bank details safely – this is the quickest and easiest way to claim your Energy Rebate. The letter will also explain how you can make a claim if you do not have internet access.
Please note that the Council will never cold-call you to request your bank details.