Chilworth, Nursling and Rownhams (C,N&R) Skills Training Fund
Only the employee/sole trader may apply.
Application for funding
Test Valley Borough Council has secured £56,200 from Lidl to fund skills training, as part of the planning consent for the regional distribution centre at Brownhill Way, Nursling. The Council is using this sum to encourage residents of Chilworth, Nursling and Rownhams Ward (see attached map of the ward) self employed or employed elsewhere in Test Valley to apply for this grant for skills training. All applications will be determined at the Council’s discretion.
The C,N&R skills fund offers residents of Chilworth, Nursling & Rownhams Ward funding for skills training subject to the resident being either self employed or employed by a business in Test Valley Borough (excluding Andover) employing up to 49 persons. The applicant must provide evidence of their employment status in Test Valley.
- All evidence will be treated in confidence
- If the resident IS in receipt of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or Universal Credit the grant is available without the need for matched funding
In applying for the grant, if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you are granting Test Valley Borough Council permission to confirm this by checking its records. If you are in receipt of Universal Credit you must provide the Council with a copy of your latest award letter issued by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- If the resident IS NOT in receipt of Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or Universal Credit the grant is available subject to 50/50 matched funding
- Applicant businesses must be at least six months old
- Payment will be made on receipt of an invoice after the training has been undertaken. Invoices should be submitted to the Council within 3 months of the completion of the training
- The grant is up to £500 per person pa. subject to £1,000 per employer p.a.
- Match funding means a contribution to the cost of the training by the applicant
- If you are VAT registered the grant will be paid exclusive of VAT
- If you are NOT VAT registered the grant will be paid inclusive of VAT
- The fund may not be used for:
- Motivational/personal development coaching
- Statutory regulatory training (e.g. annual health and safety updates).
- Reimbursement will be made on receipt of an invoice from the applicant after the training has been undertaken and:
- A copy of a training certificate or proof of attendance from the trainer
- Proof the trainer has been paid by the trainee (e.g. signed statement to this effect by the trainer, receipt of course fee or bank statement showing relevant transaction).