If you are already receiving Small Business Rate Relief
Small Business Rate Relief is based on occupation of a single property, so if you occupy additional properties the relief would usually be cancelled. However, occupation of additional properties can be disregarded if the following applies:
• the additional properties have a rateable value of less than £2,900 each (£2,600 prior to 01/04/17) and
• the combined rateable value of all properties is less than £20,000 (£18,000 prior to 01/04/17).
Relief will apply to one property only.
From 1 April 2014, if you occupy another property which cannot be disregarded as above, you will continue to receive a run-on of Small Business Rates Relief for twelve months.
Please note that if a change in your circumstances results in you no longer fulfilling the conditions for a small business multiplier or small business rate relief, you should advise the Council immediately. You can do this by:
• telephoning the Council offices on 01264 368000
• emailing the Business Rates department on firstname.lastname@example.org
• writing to Revenues Service, Beech Hurst, Weyhill Road, Andover, Hampshire SP10 3AJ