Food Premises and Food Complaints

If you have a problem with an item of food you have purchased in the Test Valley Borough, you can tell us and we will look into it. If possible, place the food item in an unused polythene food bag and keep it somewhere safe (such as a fridge or freezer). We can then arrange for one of the team to collect the item from you for investigation.  A copy of the Food and Food Premises Complaints Policy can be downloaded below.

How to make a complaint

Contact us on-line or by e-mail, telephone, or letter (our details are at the foot of this page); 

(a)   Information we will need from you:

  • your full name;
  • your full address including your postcode;
  • your home telephone number and a number which we can contact you on during normal office hours if this is different;
  • your email address (if applicable), and;
  • how you would like us to respond to you

(b)   Information we will need about your food complaint:

  • date of purchase;
  • a receipt, if you still have it;
  • where you brought the item, and;
  • any packaging, wrappers etc.

(c)   You can also report suspected cases of food poisoning to us.

How to contact us

To report a food complaint or if you require any advise, please contact the:

Health Protection Team
Telephone:  01264 368000