Following consultation with residents, businesses, schools and community groups across Andover, the town has a document which sets out how Andover will become an even better place to live over the next 20 years.
The five ambitions are;
1. Being part of a connected community – a connected Andover that inspires pride, celebrates diversity and is a community where everyone is welcome and wants to join in.
2. Having a great green environment – an Andover that enhances its green and recreational spaces and nurtures its natural environment.
3. Being part of a thriving town centre – an Andover town centre that offers a unique experience and showcases its retail, leisure and heritage offer from day into evening.
4. Supporting business, jobs and skills in the town - an enterprising Andover which builds on its great location and which encourages business and new talent to start, grow and flourish.
5. Access to great health – an Andover where people live well and are able to make good lifestyle choices, with access to high quality facilities, support and information.
The partnership are working on the projects through its action plan. The document will also be used as a basis on which to attract funding and new opportunities to the town, as well as encouraging partners to use it to guide their future policies and strategies relating to Andover.
The Andover Vision document can be found in the document section.