Parks and Green Spaces - Andover
Andover has a wealth of natural areas, parks, walks and cycle ways. Planting brightens up the borough, whilst trees and shrubs help wildlife to thrive. We help to maintain and conserve the countryside and provide new open spaces for the whole community to enjoy.
Town Parks in Andover
Beech Hurst Park, Weyhill Road
This public park is also the site of the Test Valley Borough Council offices. It covers 7.2 acres and contains seasonal floral displays, mature shrubs and trees with bird boxes and seating.
Facilities: Car parking, litter and dog bins, seating, level access to and around the site.
Folly Pocket Park
This grassed open space sits adjacent to the River Anton and Western Avenue. Mature trees and shrubs surround a formal garden which at its centre features a Portland stone Indian figure erected in 2000 as a town twinning project with Andover, Massachusetts, USA.
Facilities: Seating, litter and dog bins, levels access to and around the site.
Town Mills Pocket Park
This small public park is in the very centre of Andover, set alongside the River Anton and adjacent to the Chantry Centre. It is a level open space with mature trees and shrub planting. It features several attractive pieces of public art in both wooden and metal form.
Facilities: Seating, litter bins, sculptures, riverside walk from Andover town centre to Rooksbury Mill Park
Vigo Road Recreation Ground
Set on the fringe of the town centre this 2.03 hectare park contains a large grassed area, mature shrub and tree planting and sensory beds. It features a long avenue of mature trees running east to west.
Facilities: Play area, tennis courts, bowling green, litter and dog bins, seating and car parking nearby.
This 6.23 hectare, level open space has young tree planting with a woodland belt and scrub habitat. From the park there is access to a riverside sculpture trail, the River Anton and Rooksbury Mill Park.
Facilities: Play area, youth shelter, multi use games area, goal posts, butterfly garden, litter and dog bins and seating.
Green Spaces - Andover
The Ladies Walk
This tree lined avenue on the south east boundary of the town offers panoramic views over the town.
Originally designated an area for public use in the Andover enclosure Act of 1784/5 it was previously the Mark Way which followed a pre-Roman track. In 1863 121 trees were planted along the walk to commemorate the marriage of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra of Denmark. Records exist to show who supplied the trees, which species and their location.
The walk is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchairs and seating is provided along its length.
The site is accessible from Old Winton Road off the Winchester Road.
For more information on the Parks and Green Spaces around Andover please contact The Greenspaces Officer on 01264 368813 or email Communityemail@example.com