Facilities at Picket Twenty
As part of the S106 legal agreement, the developers will provide 3 hectares of land for a local centre site for community facilities which will include:
- A Community Centre
- Primary School
- Day Nursery
- Recycling facilities (glass and textile bins located at the car park)
Land will be marketed by the developers and tenders are submitted by any interested parties from 250 occupations for the following additional uses:
- Retail Shop
- Public House
- Employment (e.g. Offices).
Other facilities will be provided away from the local centre, including:
- A MUGA (multi use games area) play area will be situated in the urban park.
- The urban park area will comprise of seven football pitches (five replacement pitches relocated from Walworth Sports Ground & two additional football pitches), a cricket pitch, sports pavilion - changing rooms, tennis court and public open space.
- Informal recreation areas and equipped play areas will be provided throughout the development as the number of occupations grow.
- A bus and cycle underpass on the A3093.
- Public transport links through wheelers buses and Stagecoach
- A footbridge over the A3093.