How to apply and what to expect
Deputy Chief Executive
Please read the information about the role and the job description and person specification carefully before deciding whether this opportunity is right for you.
You will be asked to provide a CV and supporting statement which details how your experience, skills and competencies are a good match to those outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification for the role.
To apply please click here.
- Applications will be accepted until midday on the closing date: 15 August 2022
- Penna will review your application against the job description and person specification.
- If you’re successful at this stage, you will advance to an initial technical interview and have a meeting with the Chief Executive.
- Following this we will agree which candidates are to be invited to the next stage. If you’re successful we will personally write to you inviting you to the interview days with details of what to expect.
- The selection stage is then in two parts:
- Day one (22 September 2022): Is an opportunity to meet stakeholders, Members and Officers the post works closely with. The day will include an interview and other assessments. We will be shortlisting candidates following the completion of day one to go ahead to a second interview on Friday 23 September 2022.
- Day two (23 September 2022): Will involve a member panel interview and further opportunity to meet the Chief Executive.
- You’ll need to bring proof of your identity and right to live and work in the UK to the day one interview.
- Following the completion of day two, we will let the preferred candidate know as soon as possible, usually by phone. We’ll also notify those candidates who have been unsuccessful.
- Any offer of employment will be subject to us completing necessary employment checks, including right to work checks a pre-employment medical questionnaire, written references, and confirmation of qualifications. For roles of this level, we are required to follow the Council’s Employment Rules as outlined in the council’s constitution which includes writing to members of the cabinet informing them of the proposed appointment to check there is no objection.
- Once all your employment checks have been successfully completed we will contact you to arrange a suitable start date. You’ll then receive your contract.
- You can ask Penna for feedback if you are unsuccessful at any stage of the recruitment process.