Contacting the Council if a serious nuisance occurs outside of office hours?

How do I contact the Council if a serious nuisance problem occurs outside of office hours?

Officers from Housing & Environmental Health offer an Out of Hours service (including evenings and weekends) to deal with the most serious and urgent nuisance problems that may occur.  To contact this service please call 01264 368000 or 01794 527700 and follow the instructions for emergencies.

Calls that meet certain criteria for priority action will be dealt with by the office. Examples of the type of problems that may prompt an immediate investigation outside of normal working hours are:-

  • Noise from intruder alarms that have been sounding more than one hour.
  • Noise from vehicle alarms which have clearly malfunctioned.
  • Amplified music arising from licensed premises (such as pubs and clubs).
  • Domestic parties which are clearly out of control and extend beyond midnight, affecting a widespread area (i.e. two or more households).
  • Black smoke from bonfires (if prolonged only).
  • Major nuisance problems likely to substantially affect large numbers of people or otherwise constitute an immediate risk to health.
  • Pollution incidents involving unknown or potentially harmful substances.