Independent Living in your Own Home

Floating support provides you with tenancy support in your own home. Floating support services work with you to help you resolve housing related difficulties or to help you get off to a good start in your new accommodation.

If any of the following apply to you, this service may be able to help you:

  • You are worried you may lose your home if you don't get some support.
  • You need help dealing with finances.
  • You need help to find specialist services.
  • You are unable to keep your property maintained.
  • You need support in finding the right housing.
  • You are being harassed and have no support to help you cope.

Once an application is made, a housing support worker will visit you to assess your needs. If the service can be provided to you, a support plan will be drawn up to help you become gradually independent over time.

Need further information and advice about floating support?

To find out more about floating support, please contact:

The Housing Options Team
Telephone: 01264 368000