We are now accepting online applications via the Planning Portal Building Control, the link can be found on the application form and charges page.
Have you tried the new LABC Site Inspection App that enables you to book a site inspection at any time from wherever you are? Its free to download and easy to use!
Charges Increase for 2017-2018
The Building Regulations charges will be increasing from 01st April 2017, the new charges schedules will be available to download from this date.
Latest changes to building regulations on 6th April 2014
The new Energy Efficiency requirements of Approved Documents L1A and L2A will apply from the 6th April 2014
The current 2010 requirements will continue to apply where:
• An application is deposited prior to the 6th April 2014 and work starts within 12 months of this date or
• Building work starts, in accordance with an application, before the 6th April 2014.
Changes to come into force on 6th April 2013
You may have heard or be aware that a consultation exercise was carried out by the Government earlier this year in connection with the proposals to change the building regulations regime. Following on from this consultation, a ministerial statement to parliament was published on the 18th December 2012. The statement focuses on the deregulatory changes and publication of the responses to the consultation.
Decisions on matters relating to the energy efficiency of buildings (Part L), additional radon protection measures and referencing of British Standards for structural design based on Eurocodes will not however be announced until next year.
Changes announced to come into force on 6th April 2013 include:-
- Part P: Reduction in notifiable work but retaining a duty for non-notifiable work to comply with safety provisions of the regulations which have been updated. Regulations to allow third party certification of electrical work will not be introduced until later next year.
- Part B: Guidance updated in relation to lighting diffusers in line with the consultation together with changes to classification of wall coverings to align with European classifications.
- Parts M, K & N: Changes to address areas of conflict and overlap to be reflected in a new AD to part K with amendment slips for M & N. Improved guidance on the use of access statements to promote a more proportionate risk-based approach.
- Warranty Link Rule: -Removed
- Regulation 7: A new AD will be published shortly to update information on materials and workmanship in line with the European Construction Products Regulations to be implemented on 1st July 2013.
- Fire Safety – Local Acts: regulations to repeal unnecessary fire provisions in local acts will be made shortly.
LABC guide to customers on Building Regulation Changes 2013
Also announced was the decision not to take forward at this time regulatory proposals on "consequential improvements" to the energy efficiency of a dwelling when other defined building work is undertaken. The statement can be found below.