Bulky Waste Collection Service - Acceptable Items
This is a service for the collection of unwanted bulky household items and large amounts of garden waste.
We reserve the right to inspect/reject any waste that is believed to be from non-domestic sources.
The following lists are for guidance purposes:
- Household furniture (no longer then 2 metres in length) including: beds, mattresses, book cases, wardrobes etc.
- Garden furniture
- Children’s outdoor activity toys (broken down)
- Electrical appliances including: fridges, freezers, ovens, washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers etc.
- Large amounts of garden waste (on application)
Any item that will fit into a 240 litre collection bin will not be determined bulky waste
- Building waste including rubble, asbestos, paint, tiles, plaster board
- Paving slabs
- Baths: plastic or cast iron, basins, toilets and cisterns
- Central heating boilers, oil tanks, radiators, pipes and coal bunkers
- Glass of any type
- Car parts including tyres, engines, batteries
- Pressurised cylinders including gas and air cylinders
- Large tree trunks and tree roots
- Garage doors
- Trade waste including kitchen units, worktops
- Televisions, monitors, microwave ovens
- Lighting strips
- Fence panels
- Garden sheds
- Quantities of wood
- Internal and external doors
- Carpets and underlay
Fly tipping (unlawful dumping) of waste is illegal and can be subject to a £50,000 fine.
If you are uncertain about whether an item qualifies for a Bulky Waste Collection Service, contact Customer Services on 01264 368000.