Bulky Waste Collection Service - Non-acceptable Items
This is a service for the collection of unwanted bulky household items and large amounts of garden waste.
We do not collect trade or commercial waste and we reserve the right to inspect/reject any waste that is believed to be from non-domestic sources.
We will also reject any waste put out for collection that is not listed in the request.
Please note, any item that will fit into a 240 litre wheeled bin will not be determined ‘bulky waste’.
The following list is for guidance:
- Bathroom items - plastic or cast iron baths, basins, toilets and cisterns
- Building waste - including rubble, asbestos, paint, tiles, plaster board
- Car parts - including tyres, engines, batteries
- Carpets and underlay
- Central heating items - boilers, oil tanks, radiators, storage heaters, pipes and coal bunkers
- Computer monitors
- Doors - internal and external
- Fence panels
- Fluorescent lighting strips
- Fruit machines
- Garage doors
- Garden rollers
- Garden sheds
- Glass of any type - unless secured to an item
- Kitchen units, worktops, sinks
- Mattresses - wet or soiled
- Mobility scooters
- Paving slabs
- Pressurised cylinders - including gas and air cylinders
- Range cookers
- Soft furnishings - wet or soiled
- Soil / Turf
- Tree trunks and tree roots
Please contact Customer Services on 01264 368000 if you are uncertain if your item is classed as bulky waste.
Fly tipping (unlawful dumping) of waste is illegal.
- Offenders can be fined up to £50,000 and/or 5 years imprisonment.
- Fines are unlimited if the case goes to the Crown Court.