Bulky Waste Collection Service - Non-acceptable Items
This is a service for the collection of unwanted bulky household items and large amounts of garden waste.
We do not collect trade or commercial waste and we reserve the right to inspect/reject any waste that is believed to be from non-domestic sources.
On the day of collection, we will reject any waste put out for collection that is not listed in the request and we will also reject any waste that does not meet our requirements.
Please note, any item that will fit into a 240 litre wheeled bin will not be determined ‘bulky waste’. If your item is over 2m in size, please contact Customer Services before you make a booking.
The following list is for guidance:
- Bathroom items - plastic or cast iron baths, basins, toilets and cisterns
- Building waste - including rubble, asbestos, paint, tiles, plaster board, sand
- Car parts - including tyres, engines, batteries
- Central heating items - boilers, oil tanks, radiators, storage heaters, pipes and coal bunkers
- Computer monitors
- Doors - internal and external
- Fence panels
- Flooring - carpets, underlay, laminate etc.
- Fluorescent lighting strips - including from sunbeds
- Fruit machines
- Garage doors
- Garden rollers
- Garden sheds
- Glass of any type including mirrors - unless it is a component of an item and cannot be removed. It must then be secured.
- Kitchen units, worktops, sinks
- Mattresses - wet or soiled
- Mobility scooters
- Paving slabs
- Pressurised cylinders - including gas and air cylinders
- Range cookers
- Soft furnishings - wet or soiled
- Soil / Turf
- Tree trunks and tree roots
- Upholstered seating e.g. sofa or chair with damage that has not been sealed prior to collection
Please contact Customer Services on 01264 368000 if you are uncertain if your item is classed as bulky waste.
Fly tipping (unlawful dumping) of waste is illegal.
- Offenders can be fined up to £50,000 and/or 5 years imprisonment.
- Fines are unlimited if the case goes to the Crown Court.