Claim your Energy Rebate

The Energy Rebate is available to households in Council Tax bands A to D (and households in Band E who qualify for a disabled band reduction). It consists of a one-off payment of £150 to eligible households. Further information about this scheme can be found here.

To claim the rebate you need to complete an online form and provide details of the bank account that you want the payment to be made to.

You are eligible for a payment of £150 if you satisfy the following conditions:

  • You were the liable Council Tax payer (or would have been if the property was not exempt) on 1 April 2022 and it is your sole or main residence
  • Your property is valued in Council Tax bands A to D (or in band E and subject to a Disabled Band Reduction)
  • It is a property which attracts a Council Tax charge (even if you don’t pay anything because you get Council Tax Support), or it is in one of the following exemption classes:
    • Class N: occupied by school/college leavers
    • Class S: occupied by a person or persons aged under 18 years
    • Class U: occupied by severely mentally impaired persons
    • Class W: an annexe which is occupied by dependent relatives

You should only complete this form if you have received a letter from Test Valley Borough Council and you are the named person on that correspondence. To proceed, you will need your Council Tax account reference and an access key:

  • You can find your Council Tax account reference on the front of your latest Council Tax bill. It is an 8 digit reference, starting with a 5.
  • You can find your Access Key on the Energy Rebate letter we have posted to you.

By clicking Proceed you are declaring that you satisfy the conditions above. Anyone who makes false representation in order to benefit from the Energy Rebate may be guilty of fraud under the Fraud Act 2006.

Proceed to the online form

(This will take you to our Energy Rebate online form which is hosted at All data is held securely by the Council and is not shared with a third party.)