Council Tax Online Services

You can now manage your Council Tax account online.

Using this service you will be able to;

  • notify us of a change of address
  • request to receive your Council Tax bill by email
  • set up a new or amend an existing direct debit
  • request or cancel a Single Person Discount
  • request a repayment arrangement for outstanding arrears
  • find the Council Tax Band for any property in Test Valley
  • View your account details or change your contact details

If you are a landlord and wish to inform us of a change to a property you rent out, please complete our online form

Simply visit our online services site to get started.

All other applications can be reported by;

  • completing our online forms
  • calling our Customer Services on 01264 368000
  • contact us online here.

Fair Processing Notice

The Council fulfils its duties under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will only use the information you provide for the purposes of administering Council Tax, Non Domestic Rates, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, fulfilment of its duty to protect public funds and other purposes the Council is required to fulfil by law.

This means that the Council may use the information held about you for the prevention and detection of fraud. This will include the sharing of information with bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds. This may also include organisations employed by the Council to assist in the undertaking and fulfilment of its duties. For example, credit agencies and software suppliers who will assist in the review of exemptions and discounts which have been awarded for Council Tax.

Information held on the database may also be shared with other departments of the Council where allowed by law.

Your information will not be passed on to any other 3rd party or organisation for purposes other than those allowed by law.

If you are letting us know about a change of address, this information will be shared with other relevant Council services to ensure all our records are updated.

Please always have your Account or Claim Reference ready to quote if you contact the Council and if you have asked someone to contact us on your behalf, ensure that we have authorisation from you to discuss your account details with them.