Charity Relief

Registered charities and charitable organisations that are occupying a non-domestic property for that purpose, are entitled to Business Rates relief of 80% of the full bill (or of the transitional bill where transitional arrangements apply). The Council has the discretion to remit all or part of the remaining 20% of the bill.

You can print out a form to apply for Charity Relief. When completing the application form please ensure you include your charity's registration number and enclose a copy of your Articles of Association, Statement of Aims and Objectives or Trust documents.

There is a link for the application form at the bottom of the page.

Non-Profit Making Organisations
The authority has the discretion to remit all or part of a business rates bill for a non domestic property occupied by certain bodies not established or conducted for profit, and whose main objectives are charitable or philanthropic, religious or concerned with education, social welfare, science, literature or fine arts, or the occupier is a club concerned with recreation. You can use the application form below for these organisations.
Some examples of these bodies are as follows:

  • Sports Clubs 
  • Grant Assisted Schools
  • Village Halls