Reductions & Reliefs
Details on available reductions to your business rates bill.
You may be entitled to a reduction in your Business Rates if any of the following apply. Please use the links on the left hand side for further details:
- if your property is empty and unused
- if your organisation is a charity
- if your organisation is not a charity but is another type of non-profit making organisation
- if your business is in a rural village with a population below 3000 and:
- is the only general store or post office, with a rateable value of £8,500 or less
- is a food shop ,with a rateable value of £8,500 or less
- is the only public house, with a rateable value of £12,500 or less
- is the only petrol filling station, with a rateable value of £12,500 or less
- is any other rural business with a rateable value of less than £16,500
- if part of your property is not being used and is completely unoccupied for a short time
- if you are suffering from hardship and cannot pay your Business Rates Bill
- if your business has a rateable value less than £15,000 you may be eligible for small business rate relief.