The Plaza, Romsey

The Plaza was built in 1931 as a cinema.  It became a bingo hall in the 1970s, and then lay derelict for some years until bought by the Romsey Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society (RAODS).   They converted the building into a theatre with two performing spaces – the 231-seat main auditorium, and the Greenroom bar and refreshment area, which doubles as a 45-seat studio space. RAODS have owned and operated the theatre since 1982.

The Plaza offers pantomime, musicals, operetta, drama, dance, youth productions and live music. It is also used for non-RAODS productions – both professional and amateur.