How do I apply for affordable housing in Test Valley
What is affordable housing?
Affordable housing is a term used to describe different tenures that are more affordable to people who cannot buy or rent a home on the open market.
The different types of affordable housing are as follows:
- Social Rented - rented housing owned and managed by the Local Authority or Registered Providers (RPs).
- Affordable Rented - rented housing let by RPs to households eligible for Social Rented housing. No more than 80% of the local market rent.
- Intermediate Housing - homes at prices and rents that are above Social Rented but below market rents. Low cost home ownership.
Where is affordable housing in Test Valley?
Affordable housing for rent and home ownership can be found all over the Borough. The majority of affordable homes can be found in Andover and Romsey although most villages have at least a small number of affordable homes.
For information on where there is affordable housing in Test Valley - click here.
Who owns affordable housing in Test Valley?
Test Valley Borough Council does not own or manage any affordable housing. Registered Providers, also known as Housing Associations, own and manage affordable housing in Test Valley. The Registered Providers do not have their own waiting lists for accommodation in Test Valley.
- Properties available for rent are advertised through Hampshire Home Choice.
- New homes for affordable home ownership are advertised through Help to Buy South.
Who can apply for properties through Hampshire Home Choice?
You must have been accepted onto the Hampshire Home Choice Housing Register to bid for properties. To be accepted, applicants must be:
- Eligible as prescribed in regulations made by the Secretary of State, and
- A qualifying person as listed within the Hampshire home Choice Allocations Framework.
For further information and to view the Hampshire Home Choice Allocations Framework click on the download at the foot of this page.
How do I apply to join the Hampshire Home Choice Housing Register?
You will need to complete an application form. There is a single form to be used by all applicants. This can be accessed by completing the online application which can be found on the Hampshire Home Choice website. If you do not have access to the internet please contact us for assistance.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, please contact us on:
01264 368000 (Andover) or
01794 527700 (Romsey)
Alternatively you can email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org