Regularisation Application

Apply online here

Regrettably, there are times when building works that are subject to Building Regulations compliance are carried out without the Council being informed. Whilst this should not occur, there is provision for the owner of the property/premises to apply for a 'Regularisation Certificate'. This can only be applied for where works were carried out after 11 November 1985 and the works can be shown to comply with the requirement of the regulations in operation at the time of construction. A Local Authority has the right to refuse such an application. It is, therefore, essential to bear in mind that it may be necessary for the works to be exposed, and if necessary, rectified, to comply with the regulations. Only when the Council is totally satisfied that the works meet with the regulations will the certificate be issued.



  • House