High Hedge Complaints

Provided you have tried and exhausted all other avenues for resolving your hedge dispute, you can make your complaint about a neighbour's evergreen hedge to the Council.


The role of the council is not to mediate or negotiate between the complainant and the hedge owner but to adjudicate on whether - in the words of the Act - the hedge is adversely affecting the complainant's reasonable enjoyment of their property. In doing so, the council must take account of all relevant factors and must strike a balance between the competing interests of the complainant and hedge owner, as well as the interests of the wider community.

If you would like to make a complaint regarding a high hedge, the forms found at the bottom of this page can be downloaded.