Garden Waste Collection Service
Garden Waste: Terms and Conditions
- The Garden Waste Collection Service is a chargeable service.
- Collections are made fortnightly.
- Collections are suspended for a two week period during the Christmas and New Year weeks.
- The cost of one annual subscription is £37 and additional subscriptions are £21 each.
- A wheeled bin or reusable sack will need to be purchased to contain the garden waste. Any spare wheeled bin can also be used – a garden waste label will need to be ordered for this bin.
- Subscriptions can be terminated but they are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Subscriptions can be moved from one property to another following a house move within the Test Valley borough boundary.
- Only one garden waste wheeled bin or sack will be emptied per subscription.
- Garden waste will only be collected in wheeled bins or in the sacks purchased from the Council.
- If an additional subscription is added partway through the year, the charge will be for a full year and all subscriptions will cease at the same time as the main/first subscription.
- The wheeled bin or sack should be left at the property edge by 7am on collection day.
- The 20kg garden waste sack weight limit must not be exceeded. Sacks over this limit may not be emptied.
- Materials put out for collection will be checked. Heavily contaminated bins or sacks will not be emptied and an orange information tag will be attached.
- Garden waste cannot be disposed of with any other waste i.e. in a black household waste bin or in a brown recycling bin.
- If subscriptions are not renewed, collections will cease.