Reduce and Reuse Your Waste
Many of us are making a real effort to recycle as much as we can. However, it is even better to try and stop producing the waste in the first place or to start reusing items. Here are some tips to reduce and reuse your waste:
- Avoid highly packaged items e.g. buy loose fruit and vegetables
- Use refills where possible e.g. ink cartridges
- Stop your junk mail by contacting the Mail Preference Service on 020 7291 3310.
- Reuse your carrier bags
- Repair household items rather than buying new ones
- Give items away to charities
- Use rechargeable batteries
- Compost your kitchen and garden waste at home
- Take action to save water.