Community Planning Grant Scheme
The Council recognises that access to sufficient resources is key to delivering community plans. The Community Planning Grant has been established to assist with the process of producing a community plan, with support stepped to reflect the various sizes in population and the additional complexity involved with neighbourhood plans.
This grant is only available to Parish and Town Councils, so if you are another type of organisation you should involve your Parish or Town Council and ask them to apply on your behalf.
Details of Grants awarded through this scheme can be viewed via the attachment at the bottom of the page.
Who can apply?
- Parish or Town Councils
- Parish Meetings
What can I apply for?
Design Statement or Parish /
|Parish population more than 5,000||Maximum grant £2,000||Maximum grant £1,000|
|Parish population more than 1,000 but no more than 5,000||Maximum grant £1,500||Maximum grant £750|
|Parish population no more than 1,000||Maximum grant £1,000||Maximum grant £500|
- Grants are for costs associated with the production of a Neighbourhood Plan, Design Statement or Parish / Town Plan.
- Where a community plan covers more than one parish, a grant may be applied from each of the parishes involved. Please speak to your Community Engagement Officer before applying.
- If a parish undertakes more than one type of plan (e.g. a parish plan and VDS) they can apply for a grant for each of the plans. Please speak to your Community Engagement Officer before applying.
- No grant will be awarded where the community plan has already been completed and published.
How do I apply?
- Read the eligibility criteria and guidance notes - see below
- Click the link below to visit the Council’s online grant system and begin your application.
APPLY FOR A COMMUNITY PLANNING GRANT
If you have any problem accessing the online grant system or submitting an application, please contact the Community Team using the contact details below and someone will assist you.
Telephone: 01264 368000