Test Valley Borough Councillors Community Grant Scheme
Not-for-profit, charitable community groups and organisations can apply to the Councillor Community Grant Scheme for a grant up to two-thirds of the cost of their project or activity, up to a maximum of £1,000.
The Test Valley Borough Councillors Community Grant Scheme aims to support local people to establish their own priorities and deliver local solutions to local issues. It also aims to encourage community led initiatives, supported by Borough Councillors who can play an active part in helping their communities deliver their ambitions.
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit community groups
- Charitable organisations
- Voluntary groups
- Incorporated clubs and societies
- Parish or Town Councils
- Schools, in relation to their wider community role
- Borough Councillors (where there is no external sponsoring organisation)
If your type of organisation is not listed above, please do get in touch to check if you are eligible.
What is an eligible community project?
Community projects which address a need within your community, such as;
- addressing climate change or positively supporting the environment and sustainability
- increasing inclusivity and access for all
- Creating new or improving existing community assets
- New community resources
- Community led-events
- Public art within your community
If your community project is not listed above, please do get in touch to check if it is eligible.
How much can be applied for?
- Up to two-thirds of the cost of a project or activity
- The maximum amount that can be applied for is £1,000
How do I apply?
Carefully read the ‘Eligibility and Guidance notes for applicants’ - found via a link on the right of this page
- Discuss your proposal with your local Borough Councillor(s) and Community Engagement Officer for your ward
- Click the link below to visit the Council’s online grant system and begin your application.
If you have any problem accessing the online grant system or submitting an application, please contact the Community and Leisure Team using the contact details below and someone will assist you.
Contact us: Telephone: 01264 368000